archives and collections
- Tristan Tzara Papers
The Bibliothèque Littéraire Jacques Doucet in Paris is a patrimonial research library created by the great fashion designer, collector and patron Jacques Doucet (1853-1929). It is one of the richest literary libraries in the world concerning the second half of the 19th century and the whole of the twentieth century. The Library houses important archives concerning 20th-century French literature: Baudelaire, Verlaine, Rimbaud, Mallarmé, Apollinaire, Reverdy, Cendrars, Tzara, Breton and most of the surrealists. The collections include printed materials, manuscripts, and correspondence.
- Das Deutsches Literaturarchiv, Marbach am Neckar, houses important collections related to study of life and work of Hugo Ball [search OPAC Kallías].
- Nachlaß Heinrich Franz Seraph Bachmair
Correspondence with (among others) Hugo Ball.
- Nachlaß Käthe Brodnitz
Hugo Ball, Emmy Ball-Hennings, Ricarda Huch, Hans Leybold and others.
- Nachlaß Herman Hesse
Correspondence with Hugo Ball.
- The IISH houses a few letters from Hugo Ball to Fritz Brupbacher and Rudolf Grossmann [Pseudonym Pierre Ramus].
- For several decades, the Kunsthaus Zurich, which is located only a few blocks away from the original site of Dada's birthplace, the Cabaret Voltaire, has actively pursued the acquisition of work from the Dada period, securing most of the important rare documentary material in its collection from the Swiss book dealer Hans Bolliger, and the works of art from private and public sources in the U.S. and Europe (a good number were purchased from the auction of the Arturo Schwarz collection held at Sotheby's in London in 1985).
- Hugo Ball Sammlung
The Hugo Ball Sammlung is housed at the Stadtbücherei Pirmasens. The collection contains letters and printed material. The catalogue of the collection is also the bibliography of the Hugo Ball publications.
- [catalogue] Hugo Ball. Eine Bibliographie / Ernst Teubner. Bibliographische Hefte 1 (Hase & Koehler : Mainz 1992). Additions to this bibliography were published in the Hugo Ball-Almanach, 1993 ff.
- [publication] Rolf Paulus, 'Zwanzig Jahre Hugo-Ball-Sammlung, in Hugo Ball Almanach 1990 14 (1990) 257-264.
- IMAGE CREDITS
banner: Hugo Ball, 1926